Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hard Work.

Athletics and schooling are really difficult.

Being an athlete, with all of the mental frustration, is hard. Not to mention the three hour practices and the four to five hour games. Then, you have three hours of class a day, at least. It gets rough. Plus any studying or extra practice you want to put in. College athletics are really not what I thought they would be. I've been going since the week after I got to Elmhurst, and I haven't stopped.

Kudos to all the student-athletes is all I have to say. It takes a special kind of special to keep it together.

3 comments:

ECCB - Jason said...

Congrats to all student athletes! Hard work and dedication are your game.

Wonder Woman said...

Trying to make time for your sport and class work plus personal time is really difficult. At a certain point in time you just get tired of it and forget how much hard work you put in, but then remember that it will all pay off in the end.

eggroll said...

I used to play soccer in high school and it was hard managing school and sports at the same time. Towards senior year it actually got difficult so I decided not to play senior year. I can't imagine how hard it is to manage sports with college. Playing sports you love now (in college) means you are dedicated and love that sport. BIG thumbs up to all student athletes and your hard work!! =]