Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I was just thinking...

I was looking over the comments on one of my posts about the end of the year and was sad to see one about summers never really being the same.

I know that we've all grown older and our lives are changing. People say that school flies by quickly, and I would have to agree on that. However, people also like to say that these are the best times of your life. I wish not to agree with this. It's not that I'm not having a good time. I love it here and so far it is the best time of my life. But, I look at it as though if this is the best time of my life, then what am I here for? If I'm coming to college simply expecting to grind out a job for the rest of my life, why don't I skip this part (so that I don't know the joy of it) and begin my work-to-live relationship with McDonalds.

I personally want every year to be better than the last and I'm working hard to make sure that this is the case. I know that I'll be working now, but there is no reason not to make it as fun as possible. Even if you do have a summer job at McDonalds, it might suck one day and be lots of fun the next. But remember, you should own what you do. And by own it, I mean you need to take ownership and be proud of it and do your best. I think that this is very important as we go on in life and I hope that other can see this as well.

I don't mean to sound like some inspirational speaker. But, I think that life would be a lot better if we were a lot more optimistic about our futures. We're not losing our freedom, we're gaining our independence.

Enjoy it!

No comments: